Tuesday, September 6, 2011

9/6/11: A Book of Beautiful Things//New Badge Style

A book of beautiful things, which can be printed and assembled following these instructions: http://urban-anthology.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/instant-book-directions-759x1024.jpg


Two new styles of badges.  I've had the idea for a long time but finally made the first one when assembling a college care pack for a friend.  The other was the second one, and the coyote skull and crossbones isn't awesome but otherwise I'm pretty pleased with it. I have another one done as part of a badge trade with someone, but I don't want to ruin the surprise...as you could imagine these are pretty simple.  There's no initial sketch, and a limited color palette, which is irrelevant to character designs.  I've been playing around with my new gel pens: I bought a bunch of souffle puffy ones and two glaze ones, and they're pretty awesome.  They both make an appearance in the booklet too, especially the purple glaze pen!
So far I haven't decided to laminate these.  After all, they're stickers.

A gift for Skwid, whose character Ghostie McSpookums is super fun to draw!  I've been meaning to finish art of him for her for several years, and tried three times (they all came out well but I just kept forgetting to finish them)....this is the third try.  I'm not happy with the incorrect circle background or the over-obvious marker texture there either but I think he came out pretty cute.

I'm at college now so personal art's gonna be a little slower.  The graphic novel--working title "Shadowed Lives"--is my priority however I'm mostly just working on the writing instead of the art, as I'm waiting to find others to help me with the illustrating.  I hope to find such people at the comic-making club on campus--they seem pretty into it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment