Thursday, March 15, 2012

3/15/12: MLP and Dancer Inks & Sketchbook Scans

So, WIP update of the trade with my IRL friend.  Need to add another marking I forgot.  I also need to outline that circle still...I'm already coloring it.  I usually like to color clothes with markers and bodies with pencils if I'm doing mixed media, and I'm doing that with this picture.
My MLP dolls are close to being complete, sans Gala dresses and elements of harmony...those are thus far not started.  I did some questions on a few sites and decided to do a Luna doll and either a Derpy, Vinyl Scratch, Zecora, or Big Mac if I have time for extras too. 
I decided to make MLP ACEOs in the style I use for my own MLP drawings, as opposed to the dolls--which were in some ways closer to the style of the show than my usual comic style....which for MLP is a lot cleaner/more refined and pony influenced than normal...
I already finished this, it's really cute.  Fluttershy's next.  So far, cutie marks aren't showing on either of them, but they're shown with their passions/livelihoods.  I may keep it up and keep from showing their cutie marks on this series.  I may sell a little print of each one with their matching doll, IDK yet.

Practice, may go in portfolio as a sketchbook example. Right now this is my typical sketchbook, actually.  I've been doing a lot of work with human and animal anatomy and poses.  I drew the skulls from reference (except that crappy one to the side) and the ones with noses, eyes etc. w/o reference, to practice laying skin and muscle over a skull.  The coyote is less than I would have liked but I was having trouble fixing it.  I guess my canines do need some work.  Also, bamboo lemurs and golden mantled tree kangaroos!
Two character concepts.  The top right is a genderqueer FtM mongoose lemur named Gage.  He likes pomade and 50s hair, heh.
The other design is not really like this anymore..it's a tree kangaroo....thing.  Named Jazz, short for Jasper.  Gender null.
They're supposed to be best friends and partners. 
 Will scan soon.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment